...but I sure can hot glue! I made Mason's curtains out of the bedskirt from his bed-in-a-bag. Since he has a trundle bed, I wasn't going to be able to use the bedskirt, so I decided I would make curtains out of it instead. I don't sew...I don't even own a sewing machine and haven't even laid hands on one...but I have a hot glue gun and it did the trick. I cut the middle section of the bedskirt out, hot glued ribbon to the edge so you couldn't see the rough edges, then I glued strips of ribbon to make the valence. And voila...I have a curtain!
I also made a name plate for Mason's room to tie it all together...some more hot glue, please!
I may not be the most creative and domestic one in the bunch, but give me a hot glue gun and let me have at it!! Here are the finished products!
France/London part 2
10 years ago
3 comments:
Very cute!! I LOVE how they turned out. See...who needs a sewing machine when hot glue guns are around. BUT - just a tip - I maybe wouldn't try it on your pants!! You could get burned like the time you tried to iron your skirt (or was it pants?) while it was ON you!!
VERY CUTE!!! I love it! I hope Mason likes his "paw paw"
Love,
Lauren
Very cute, good job on the valance. I am no Martha Stewart either...uh I think I need a hot glue gun. I have a valance on our front dining room window that I cut from fabric from the curtains, and it is currently straight-pinned together. You can't tell until you get right up on it, I've had great intentions of sewing it but that hasn't happened. Ha!! May have to take your lead. Hot glue would work! :-)
I can't believe how big the kids are!
Post a Comment