Last night we decided to take the kids to their first Greenville Drive baseball game. It was a perfect night for baseball, so we thought we would enjoy a family night out! By the time we got there the only seats left were the cheap seats in right field. We didn't really care since we knew the kids probably wouldn't pay attention for too long. Well, the thing is when you sit out there you HAVE to pay attention...for foul balls. I really didn't think that would be a problem, but boy was I WRONG!! Sowewhere in the 4th inning a foul ball game flying right toward us. It happened so fast I never even saw it I just heard it hit the back of our seat. Then the next thing I hear in MacKenzie SCREAMING! Yep, she got hit with a foul ball right on her head above her eyebrow. Jarrod had tried to catch it but it bounced off his hand and hit her. It scared us to death! Luckily she never lost consciousness, but it's always scary when a child gets in the head and of course I start thinking the worse. (I think I've watched too many episodes of House!) The paramedics watched her for several minutes and we hung out for a while just to be sure. We even went back to our seats where the people beside us had got the ball and saved it for us!! They were very nice to give us the ball that hit her!! She was completely freaked out and started crying the next time the crowd starting cheering. So a perfectly good night ended up being not so good afterall...I'm just hoping that we can get her to go back to a baseball game! The only good thing that happened was that the operations manager came to visit us and gave both of the kids their very own baseball. MacKenzie got a pink one (of couse!) and Mason got one that had been signed by all the players!
Reedy Ripit 
MacKenzie's boo-boo..it's kinda hard to see in this picture and it looks better here than it did!
Her two baseballs!
Mason's signed baseball 
France/London part 2
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment