Today, MacKenzie moved up to the 3 year old class, and I feel like she's all grown up. It was bittersweet! I know she's ready for her "Big Girl" class, but it just means she's really grown up now. They teach them to be VERY independent...no more letting mama do everything for you! They will even have HOMEWORK in her new class!! It's due every Thursday...wow...I thought I would have a few years before I'd be up late doing homework and projects!! She will also have show & tell every Friday. She even gets to go on Field Trips at least once a month. And she gets to go to dance classes!! If I want to I can sign her up for computer classes...but I think I may wait a few months for that...I don't want her knowing more than I do about computers before she's 5!!!
She loves it already! I was really worried that she may fuss and cry this morning, but she just kissed me, hugged me, and waved good-by! She was ready to go play with the hamster and guinea pigs and all her new friends! I really like her teachers, too. It's also good knowing that she'll learn the Pledge of Allegiance and the Christian Pledge. She's in a wonderful, fun, loving, and Christian learning environment, and I could't ask for any better.
And on another good note, in order for her to move up to the "Big Girl" class she had to be completely potty trained!!! AND....we ARE!! Well, minus just a few accidents here and there (and we're still wearing pull-ups to bed at night), but hey, that's a huge accomplishment! She even POOPS in the potty with no more melt downs! It only took us over 4 months...and it wasn't easy! Now I may start with Mason in another couple of months, but I need a break for a little while!
Anyway, it was a good first day of "Big Girl" school for MacKenzie and that makes a mama smile! :)
France/London part 2
10 years ago
1 comments:
How cool! What school is she going to now?
Post a Comment